Bellies are beautiful only when they do not have extra bulges hanging down from here and there. They should be flat primarily for two reasons – good health and a good personality. But unfortunately most of us have those bulges or at least some amount of it, which will eventually take the inevitable turn, if not stopped in time.
I have selected some easy-to-do exercises for you to try yourself at home or anywhere and get rid of that fat.
- Sit – ups
The anywhere-anytime exercise doesn’t require much space and is highly preferred for cutting out that fat around your belly.
- Lie straight on a flat floor with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Hold your hands by your ears and not by the head.
- Make your shoulder blades flat; this makes your elbows stretched out.
- Lift your shoulders and pull your body up towards the knees
- Your head should always face forward, do not let your chin touch the chest
- Hold for some seconds
- Go back to the starting position
Repetitions: 5 (minimum)
You can also increase the difficulty level and try the variations once you become a pro at it or boredom starts setting in.
Nobody can deny the power of planks in burning the flab around your bellies. It makes your core strong while toning your upper and lower body.
- You can start it by getting into the press-up position.
- Hold your body weight on your forearms, keep your elbows bent
- Do make sure that your body makes a straight line starting from the shoulders to the ankles.
- Now lift your body by making your elbows straight
- Suck your belly button to engage your core
- Keep on holding to this position for 1-2 minutes
- Go back
- Swan Dive
As the name suggests, you will have to form a pose that looks like a swan diving. But make no fun about it, it helps in burning the fat around the mid section.
- With your arm stretched out in front of you, lie down with your face facing downwards and feet pointed
- Now lift your face at least 6 inches above the ground with your arms moving backwards as if you are swimming. The palms should face each other.
- Hold on for a count of one and come back to the first position
- Windshield Wiper
It will work on your belly intensively.
- Lie straight on the floor with your knees bent, making an angle of 90 degrees with the hips.
- Now lift your feet above the ground, making an angle of 90 degrees with the floor.
- Keep your arms on the sides with fingers pointing straight.
- Press your shoulder blades to the floor
- Focus on your waist muscles. Inhale and move your knees to the right.
- Exhale and return to the first position.
- Now, turn towards the left and repeat. This makes one step.
Repetitions: 5 – 8
- Circles in the Sky
This is fun and also tones your hips and butt.
- Lie down on the mat with your hands firmly at the back of your head.
- Lift your upper body using core strength slightly.
- Keep one leg on the ground and the other straight up.
- Now move your leg in circles clockwise in the air. Do make sure your leg or foot doesn’t touch the ground. Follow it up by doing it anticlockwise.
- Now bring your left leg down.
- Do the same with the other leg.
Some people consume best supplements for bodybuilding to build their abs. You can take them too, but do learn about your requirements and the benefits provided by the supplement.
Follow the exercises religiously and do let us know about the results!